The Food Environment Research group (a collective from Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, School of Public Health and the DSI/NRF Center of Excellence in Food Security) at the University of the Western Cape under the leadership of Prof Rina Swart is seeking Post-doctoral Research Fellows to work on the PURE and gut-microbiome studies.
Eligible applicants are required to have:
- Completed a PhD in the last five years. For applicants who did not obtain their qualification in South Africa, a valid SAQA certificate should be in hand at the time of application.
- The field of study should be in Medical Biosciences, or Public Health or Nutrition
- Have a strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer-reviewed publications.
- Be physically present in South Africa (preferably in Cape Town), due to the nature of the research project.
- Have not hold a previous post-doc appointment
The Postdoctoral Fellows will be required to register at the University of the Western Cape,
The fellowship is initially tenable for one year starting in 2022, and is valued at R200,000 per annum (tax free). A one year renewal is likely, but dependent on satisfactory progress.
For more details about the call and application procedure, see downloadable PDF.
Application deadline: June 30, 2022